One easy way to help maintain good oral health is to have regular cleanings and checkups. Not only does it help keep your teeth clean, it also helps identify any problems you may have. Most dental problems can be treated easier when they are caught early. We provide the following services to help you keep a healthy smile:
• General Prophylaxis is a general cleaning for gingivitis.
• X-rays of the full mouth, bite wings or panoramic x-rays provide a visual diagnosis for decay and irregularities by showing what is happening beneath the visible oral tissues.
• Examination is a visual check for decay and irregularities in the mouth.
• Fluoride Treatments are performed semi- to annually on children from 6 – 16 years of age strengthens the teeth by re-mineralizing the tooth enamel.
• Sealants are a resin coating applied onto a tooth to protect it from decay.
• Scaling and Root Planning is also referred as deep cleaning, and is common when when periodontal pockets are greater then 3 mm. It is a method to treat periodontal disease that standard cleaning procedures cannot address and should be done to prevent irreversible damage to the gums and bones supporting teeth. Scaling removes plaque and tartar beneath the gum line. Planning the tooth’s root surfaces will help the gum tissue to heal and the pockets shrink. The procedure may include local anesthetic to reduce discomfort.