It is never to early to initiate good dental habits. Kids should generally start seeing a dentist just after their first birthday. Teaching kids the importance of oral health will help them in their overall health. We provide the following services to help kids keep a healthy smile:
• Fillings are direct restorations placed immediately into a prepared cavity in a single visit. They include dental amalgam, glass ionomers, resin ionomers and some resin composite fillings. The dentist prepares the tooth, places the filling and adjusts it during one appointment.
• Pulpotomy for diseased or injured teeth may be retained through a root canal procedure. In this two-part procedure, the tooth’s pulp chamber and roots is cleaned and shaped and covered with a temporary crown. The second part of the procedure, the roots are filled and the tooth is restored with a crown or filling.
• Sealants apply a resin coating onto a tooth to protect it from decay.
• Extractions for removal of teeth for disease or orthodontics.
• Oral Hygiene Instructions
• Crowns cover an existing tooth and return it to its normal appearance. They are used for several purposes:
— Make your tooth stronger and/or improve its appearance
— Cover and support a tooth when there isn’t enough tooth left
— Protect a weak tooth
— Restore a broken tooth
— Cover teeth that are discolored or misshaped
We provide additional procedures and services not listed here.