Oral health is the first step in improving any smile. Keeping a healthy smile can be one important key in your overall health. The following is a sample of services we provide to help you meet your oral health goals:
• Fillings are direct restorations placed immediately into a prepared cavity in a single visit. They include dental amalgam, glass ionomers, resin ionomers and some resin composite fillings. The dentist prepares the tooth, places the filling and adjusts it during one appointment.
• Root Canals for diseased or injured teeth may be retained through a root canal procedure. In this two-part procedure, the tooth’s pulp chamber and roots is cleaned and shaped and covered with a temporary crown. The second part of the procedure, the roots are filled and the tooth is restored with a crown or filling.
• Bridges replace missing teeth with a bridge, that helps maintain the shape of your face. It can also reduce the stress in your bite. It can be referred to as a fixed partial denture, a bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth. It looks great, and literally “bridges the gap” where one or more teeth may have been. It can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination of these materials and is attached to surrounding teeth or the jaw.
• Partial a removable prosthesis that can literally fill in the missing teeth of your jaw where a fixed bridge cannot be done.
• Crowns cover an existing tooth and return it to its normal appearance. They are used for several purposes:
— Make your tooth stronger and/or improve its appearance
— Cover and support a tooth when there isn’t enough tooth left
— Attach a bridge
— Protect a weak tooth
— Restore a broken tooth
— Cover teeth that are discolored or badly shaped
— Cover a dental implant
• Dentures for those that have lost all of their teeth, from periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury. In addition to providing the functionality of teeth, complete dentures provide support for cheeks and lips, giving a more youthful appearance.
• Implants provide artificial teeth that look natural and feel secure. It replaces the missing tooth by fusing a post into the jaw bone. A crown is placed on the post.
• Veneers are thin custom covers the front side of teeth. Veneers are made of tooth-colored materials so they are indistinguishable from other teeth. They can improve spaces between teeth and chipped or worn teeth, stained teeth, and/or poorly shaped/crooked teeth.
We provide additional procedures and services not listed here.